Friday, August 06, 2010

The Mistborn Series

I did, after all, put in the header that I would address books. Commence my first book review:

Frankly, this is more or less my favorite book series I have ever read, which says a lot when one addresses my unwillingness to choose favorites and that I have read many a book series. For starters, it's a fantasy. It is set in a believable world, with some classic spins on cliches, an intriguing and logical magic system, set in stone yet unexplained, allowing it to still be magic. There are also two other magic systems in the series. There is knowledgeable analysis of the formation of religion as well as into psychology. Multiple things are building up and climaxing in every book, with the ultimate (but unknown) problem not even being understood until the 3rd book. Things smoothly build into one another and create an intriguing universe and story. The characters are real, the politics intense, and the portrayal of different classes skilled.

Honestly, I don't like writing book reviews. Even for a book series as good as this, I can't truly express in words how good a book is without actually having the book read or divulging spoilers. So, instead of actually writing a long, comprehensive book review, I'll let you read it and figure everything out on your own. Yes, I bolded that in the hope you would read this first and not read my review, thus going into the series with a completely unaffected view. It is much better that way.

So, I'll end by saying, read it!

Books-
1. Mistborn - The Final Empire
2. The Well of Acension
3. The Hero of Ages

1 comment: