Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oratorical Analysis, Anyone?

Speeches- a potent medium. A thought-invoking or inspirational speech is really quite marvelous, and so I intend to post a few here. Whether to lift the spirits, or you are one of the 5 people in the state writing an Oratorical Analysis and need material, here you go:

And yes, I chose ones with videos to go with them. Increases the allure by just a bit.


Last one's short, but that changes nothing. These speeches, lectures, etc are simply brilliant. And as the sole purpose of this post- to link these videos- is now fulfilled, I am not going to blather any more, excluding a bit of news.

Remember the fantasy I mentioned I would eventually be writing? Well, I reworked it and finally started. The 1st chapter should be up within a week or so. I'll link it here.

If anyone knows a good and rather cheap (if not free) music editing program, it would be quite epic if you informed me of it.

Since I'm clearing out my binder soon with the semester change, doodle scans may increase. Also, as I will (ideally, need to work out a few schedule bugs) be taking Creative Writing, short stories may begin appearing.

Also, I officially recommend Plato's Republic. In 10 pages, he proves that a just man does good to all, not merely his allies. It's also comfortably formatted, as it features Socrates in a debate with some sophists, thus working in rebuttals and counter arguments quite smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment