Sunday, May 02, 2010

Texting is Dumb (TXTNG R DMB)

Thanks to my blatantly obvious title, I'm sure you all know where this is going, plus I don't really know proper text lingo (oxymoron).

So, how many of you reading this text? A lot? Obsessively?

If you answer yes to all or one of these questions, raise your hand at the computer screen. Seriously. Do it.

Good.

Okay, let us get to the point. People text. Mucho. Muy muy mucho. Demasiado mucho. If you really want to know what that says, highlight it, right click it, and select Google Translate. For myself, I have never received, sent, or even read a text. Yes, I have a cell phone. Of course, part of this is probably due from the fact that less people have my number than follow my blog diligently (maybe 5 people).

I am proof that texting is quite easy to survive without. Texting is, while useful, out of control. $1000 texting bills are ridiculous. So, if you read this, ask yourself (if you answered yes to the questions above), can you go a week without texting? Tell people who expect a text that you are not going to be texting, because I challenge anyone who reads this (including political opponents I may or may not have in 30 years trying to get dirt on me. Yes, that's right, YOU!) don't text for a week. Do a real call or something. Don't require that you know EVERYTHING your friend is doing during fourth period.

So, I think I've established that I don't like texting, so, THX 4 RDNG MY STF. :)

Oh spew, Policy debate style. I hate text lingo, nor can I write it.

1 comment: