Sunday, October 10, 2010

Knowledge

"In a free society the state does not administer the affairs of men. It administers justice among men who conduct their own affairs."
-Walter Lippman
This is a random quote I found. I think I am going to start heading posts with a random quote that I like.

My thoughts right now are about knowledge.

I will phrase it in little quotable items because that is how I have been thinking it.
  • Unused knowledge is worthless.
  • Used knowledge becomes wisdom.
  • Learning history is pointless unless you learn what they learned.
  • One of the best uses of knowledge is helping and teaching.
  • The learned can be dumb if they don't apply their knowledge.
  • We can learn from every experience.
  • Learning things you don't care about can help by teaching you to learn in general.
These are just some thoughts I had. I rather like them and I am pretty sure they have some degree of truth in them.

1 comment: